Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Corn Maze

 In years past I have taken the boys to some kind of pumpkin patch.   I wanted to keep the tradition but wasn't quite sure if El Paso had anything fun in that department.  Luckily Keith asked his assistants and we were in luck.  They do in fact have a corn maze that is definitely worth going to.  It was only open Fri-Sun and with Keith gone the last two weekends this last weekend was the last weekend it would be open.  I wanted to take the boys but at the same time I didn't know how much I wanted to fight the crowds.  Again, lucky for us it was a pretty windy and cold day that no one in their right mind would be out (and I was right).  Despite the cold the boys loved it and we stayed all day long.

First up was this huge bounce thing.  They had a blast rolling and tumbling down.


Next was the tractor train.  Each little car was a cow with the cows name on the side.  Pretty creative.


They told us that adults were allowed to ride as well-as long as we fit of course-so Keith jumped in and I took Elle.


The boys wanted to try their luck with these four wheelers that you pedal yourself.  They were a lot harder to peddle than the boys thought but once they got the hang of it there was no stopping them.


It's great to be 3 and steer the car while dad does all the pedaling.  Rhet and Keith were passing the other boys and Rhet was loving it.


Elle watching her brothers from the sideline.


The boys had to try out this huge slide made up of hay bales. 
Mont and Rhet racing down.  On your mark...Get set...
GO!!!


Rhet wins!



With places for your head it's just too tempting not to put your head inside.



You could also feed the animals.  Rhet liked looking from a distance, but Mont was up close and personal trying to have the little horses eat the hay from his hands.



Now entering the corn maze.  They had maps for us-just in case we got lost.  The boys led us through the maze taking turns but in the end Dad got us out.


Racing ducks along the drain.  The boys had to pump the water and kept loading the ducks in as fast as they could.


Keith had a great time too.  Seriously-look at his face-I think he's enjoying it as much as the boys are.



Air guns with a tennis ball-trying to knock down the pins.



A huge sand box filled with trucks and tractors-every boys dream!


Mont on a swing.


I thought at first this was a pony ride, but soon discovered it was a swing that you sat on a bag of someth'n and went around and around.



Rhet loved it too!



After the swing ride we left to get some lunch and at least warm up for an hour.  The boys wanted to head back and play some more.  On the way back Elle fell asleep in the car so I opted to stay with her-take a nap myself and stay out of the cold-so while the girls were napping Keith was with the boys.  They went on a hay ride and got to pick a pumpkin-should have given him my camera.  After nap time  I went to find everyone and Rhet was swinging some more and wanted to go on the cow train again-by far that was his favorite ride.   It was a great day even with the wind and we can't wait to go back next year!




No comments: