Lesson #1
Yesterday morning as the boys are getting ready for school, the clock is ticking down for us to leave, and one of my boys is just slow, and he can't seem to find his shoe. I don't know why but this seems to be a regular thing every morning though sometimes it switches between boys 2 and 3. Well, he still hasn't found it so I suggest he go kneel by his bed and ask Heavenly Father for some help. He surprisingly says okay-which is huge for him. When he exits his room instead of asking him where he thinks he should look I just tell him to start looking. Kade tells him to look under his bed and I just kind of blow it off since I still have to get things done. With a few minutes till we have to go my thoughts are, what is he going to wear since he only has one pair of shoes and he can't wear sandals. I ask Kade to go help and though it shouldn't surprise me he finds it under the bed. I guess the Lord knew that my mind was else where and that I should have listened to Kade.
Lesson #2
Yesterday afternoon I was out and about getting some last minute things for Mont's birthday. I was trying to hurry since I needed to go back home put his birthday bucket together and make it on time to the school to pick the boys up. After we arrived home and were to head to the school, I had left Elle in her car seat to save me time. I realized that she didn't have her blanket. Now normally this would be no big deal but this blanket is not only my life saver, but it's her security. I run to the car and look around with no luck, I ask Rhet if he did something with it and he says no, I run back in the house looking again and still no luck. This is NOT good! I can't have lost her blanket! Well, I can't worry about it anymore cause I have to go get the boys. All evening her blanket has been in the back of my head and when it's time for her to go to bed I know she's going to hate it because she doesn't have her blanket. And as her night turned out it was pretty bad. She was up twice-usually I would just let her fall back asleep, but her cries were not her normal, but wailing-top-of-the-lungs-cry. I got up with her each time and is my routine I put her blanket over my shoulder and then she snuggles in the crease of my neck and relaxes. I did the same thing last night but when she would lean down to lay her head against me she would resist and wanted nothing to do with the thing over my shoulder. When I finally got her down I headed back to bed and tossed and turned. The thought came to me that I could have left it at the store when I was running around. I told myself when I get the boys off to school I'll go check. This morning arrived and it was Mont's turn to say the prayer. In his prayer he asked for help in finding Elle's blanket. He knew that it was missing but I hadn't even suggested to him to ask for help, nor had the thought even occurred to me to pray-when I should have knowing how important this blanket is. Needless to say after I dropped the boys off at school I headed to the store to retrieve my hopefully blanket. It was a success!
I am so grateful to be reminded of these small little lessons from the Lord who worked through my boys.
9 years ago
2 comments:
It just shows that one, your are doing an amazing job teaching your kids what's most important; two, the Lord really does answer prayers, even the littlest ones and three, good thing we have these little kiddos to remind us what simple faith can do!
cute stories- it's neat to see what great faith your kids have!
Post a Comment