Monday, August 15, 2011

And were back...

We weren't planning on going back to AZ but my sister Taylor and her family decided to come-which they weren't planning on-so we had to go home again to see them. So the boys resumed their normal activities at grandma's house. Lots of Wii and lots of swimming.


Rhet has been quite the swimmer this summer and has really grown a lot. He would constantly swim to me-kept on telling me to move back-and I even got him to tread water-as long as I was near by of course-just so he could practice in case anything ever happened. He knows the freestyle stroke and just amazed me with what he would pick up on and try-the little dare devil.



He did the slide all by himself for the first time. He started out by going down with Rand and having me catch him at the bottom, but then one day I noticed him playing with a noodle and tube and told him to go down the slide with one of them. He was hesitant at first but I got him to go and after that no more worries.

He also wanted to be like his brothers and jump off the rocks. He did do it on occasion but mostly he just liked to hang out and let the water massage his back and bum.




The boys have been asking me for a swim shirt and I have been putting them off since it's just another thing to buy, but one of my sisters swears by Good Will, and since shopping with her I got hooked. They had dollar days every Thursday so I found these swim shirts for a buck. -If I was truly honest I have to say I was excited to go back to AZ just for dollar days at Good Will. It's so good I even found a scout shirt and kerchief.
I am really likeing the swim shirts because it cuts back on lathering my boys with sunscreen-something I know is necessary but don't necessarily like to do-makes life a little easier.





So the month of August there are a total of 6 birthdays. Since all but one of the birthdays were in town we thought it would be fun to celebrate all the birthdays. My brother Tate and his wife Syrell were the game planners and the boys had such a fun time. -ps-my camera was having problems so not all the pics turned out very well, but at least you can get the jist.

Game 1
The kids rolled the dice and when they rolled a six they had to put on a hat, glasses, and socks over their hands and then use a fork and knife to cut a candybar in half. It was so fun to watch them play-especially the little ones.




Game 2
Had to blow your cup with a straw over the end of the table.
Talmage was so cute-the one on the far right. He would blow for a second and then take his hand and swipe the cup to the end of the table.


Game 3
Find the M&M in the pudding with no hands.






Game 4
Try to get the cookie from your forehead all the way into your mouth without using your hands.







Game 5
Three legged race.





The little cheer leaders. Elle and Bentley.





Game 6
The egg race.





Game 7
Water ballon toss turn water balloon fight.





Thanks mom for putting up with us a second go around. It was fun to see my sisters and for the boys to play with their cousins. It was definetly a fun summer!!!

1 comment:

The Durfee's said...

haha joe thought it was me with oreo on my eye...nope it was you!!!