Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Pirate's birthday


Rhet with his birthday bucket...and a little more!



Realizing his birthday was in a few days and not having hardly anything for him we made a trip to Target and I just let him pick out whatever he wanted. He only picked out two things. A car that makes noise and plays a song that he likes to dance to and the big blue ball. Each visit to Target he wants to look at the toys and has been wanting this ball for a very long time.



Rhet is really into being a pirate at the moment. He has a movie from the Backyardigans about Pirate Treasure, and he goes around the house singing it and saying "ARRRRR." I bought him a shovel the other day and while we were in the store he carried it around while digging for treasure and singing the treasure song, "treasure, treasure, we're digging for some treasure." No one else in the store probably thought it was cute but I sure did. So it was only fitting to have a pirate cake.



I bought his bike back in January on clearance while he was with me-thinking that he would forget that it was for him-but he didn't and every now and then he would ask me if he could ride his bike. I would have to tell him it was for his birthday so he would have to wait. Well, last week he knew his birthday was coming up so he said, "My birthday tomorrow, go get my bike." He has been patiently waiting for his bike. The last few months he has so badly wanted to ride his brother's bikes and will even walk their bikes around the back yard.

A few of the things he says are:
1-stupid. He still loves this word. When he gets really upset and angry he will say stupid. For instance...if he gets mad at me he says, "Stupid Mom." A couple weeks ago he was walking the boys bikes from the backyard through the house out to the garage. He had to go through the laundry room and it's a tight corner and I had baskets on the floor so it made it even harder for him. As he is going back and forth with the boys bikes his last bike is Kade's bike and I can hear him grunting and getting flustered and then I hear as he's crying, "Stupid bike, stupid bike." and he's getting louder and louder as he is yelling at the bike because of course it's not doing what he wants it to do.

2-everything with him is super. He will say, "Elle's crying SUPER loud." or "I run SUPER fast." or "I'm SUPER thirsty."

3-He took a bath the other day and told me he did a chunga bunga (his wording for cannon ball) in the bath.

4-When I know he's doing something he shouldn't be or getting into something he shouldn't be, I'll ask him what he's doing and he replies, "nasing, I doing nasing."

5-When he gets into big trouble and has to go to his room, he will come out and apologize and say, "I so sorry mommy." It's super cute and it just melts my heart.

6-Since the boys are playing ball he has really gotten into it as well. We will go out to the backyard-at least once a day-and I will pitch him the ball. His routine for every pitch is, "bam bam baseball, switch hands."

7-He will also tell me things that are cute. I was getting dressed the other day and asked him which shirt I should wear. He pointed to one and when I asked him if that shirt was the right one, he says, "yea, it's so cute. He will even tell me on occasion that something I'm wearing is super cute.


Since there is almost three years between him and Mont, it has been so fun to watch him grow and learn and really grow into the little boy he is and just laugh at the things he says or does, especially when he tries to mimic his older brothers.

1 comment:

Brady Pope said...

can't show rose this post . . too many things to be jealous of! i can't believe he's looking more blonde?? love his smile!