Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

Surprisingly enough the boys didn't have a hard time going to bed last night. I expected them to keep coming out of their room to check to see if there were any presents under the tree. Even though Rand didn't want to sit on Santa's lap he was pretty excited about it and had to make sure that we set out some cookies and milk. He even left a note for Santa asking him if he liked the cookies and to circle yes or no. When he woke up Christmas morning he was excited that Santa had eaten the cookies and circled yes several times.


No more patience from the boys so lets open presents. The boys thought all the presents were from Santa-sure made Santa look good-but I had to remind them to look at the tag to see who it was from so they could thank them later. I also had to remind the boys that Santa was on a tight budget this year so not to expect too much.

Kade didn't get a tech deck in his stocking but Santa made up for it with this mega ramp and 8 tech decks.


Santa was worried that Rand's gift wasn't big enough, but when Rand opened it up he told me that BIG presents come in small packages.

Mont with his space ship and robots.

Rhet with his John Deere tractor and trailer-but he is more interested in his new Mickey Mouse movie.

Rhet was so excited about his new Mickey Mouse movie that he kept asking to watch it before all his other presents were opened. A few minutes later I noticed he was missing and headed downstairs finding him completely content watching his movie.

I made each of the boys their own blanket.

Mont with his dinosaurs. He also got matching pajama bottoms-thanks to grandma who finished them for me.

I needed to get material for Rhet's blanket and I decided to just let him pick it out. He saw the frogs and started saying, "ribbet, ribbet."


Rand with his army blanket or hunting blanket-depending on what he feels like it is that particular day.


Kade with his baseballs.


Since both sets of families live in Arizona the tradition has been that we open presents with my family first and then head on over to Keith's parents for more presents and the waffle extravaganza breakfast.

Waffle iron was packed but the pancakes were a hit along with the egg casserole and bacon.

Rhet wouldn't close his mouth for any of my pictures-he had to hurry and eat to get back to watching his movie.


Nothing better than ice cream and whip cream on pancakes-why not it's Christmas!

It was a fun morning and the boys had a blast playing with their toys all day long. They each played and or shared with their new toys except for Rhet who thought all the toys were his and would get MAD if he couldn't play with something that wasn't his.







The boys would rather play with their toys than eat, so by dinner they were getting a little hungry. While I was getting dinner ready I put out a little appetizer to hold them over-just some chips and dip.

I think Rhet could smell the food a mile away because he was the first one to dig in.

A little on his face-just saving it for later.

Later!!!


Now most families for Christmas dinner would be smelling the nice aroma of a turkey or ham but in our case I opted for something easy since we wouldn't be able to enjoy all the Christmas leftovers.




Now were is Elle in all this. The good baby that she is just sleeps and eats but I did get one picture of her on her first Christmas.

Our little candycane!

1 comment:

syrell salmon said...

those blankets are soo cute- you out did yourself! and elle is such a doll! i love her 2 mo. pics!!