Mont turned the BIG 4! He was so excited for his birthday today and from the time he woke up he wanted to open his presents. Good thing for the birthday bucket to pass the time till it was really time for presents.
For Mont's birthday we went to the Plains Conservation Center. We hadn't been for awhile and Keith has never been so it was perfect. The boys love the wagon ride and love to feed the chickens and cows. Mont's favorite was feeding the cows and then getting to help pull the handcart. After the animals were fed we took another wagon ride through the conservation and learned things about plants and animals. For instance-my favorite was that you can learn the temperature by the number of times you hear a cricket chirp. If the cricket chirps 30 times in 30 seconds then you add 40 and give or take that's the current temp. The more times it chirps the hotter it is.
After our fun morning we came back home and the birthday boy needed a much needed nap and then it was off to Chill's for dinner and a birthday dessert-which I forgot my camera-and when they brought out the dessert Mont's eyes were so big and the look on his face said, "This is for me...I am soooo lucky!!!" I was even surprised at how big the dessert was, I was just expecting a little bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce-boy was I wrong! After dinner we couldn't get home fast enough to open presents. Mont loved everything and was so excited about all his new toys!
Just some of the many presents he got. What a great birthday!
3 comments:
Yea!!! Happy b-day Mont. He is just such a cutie!
Wow, I can't believe that he is 4. He looks so old. I love the pictures of the boys going to school. They are so lucky they get to ride the bus. I wish Mason could. I think he was so disappointed when he found out there were going to be no buses taking him to school. Plus I love the birthday bucket idea. So cute!!!
Happy Birthday Mont! Wish we could have feed some cows with you. Your cake looked pretty "super"! We miss you!!
Post a Comment