Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First day of School


I have been looking forward to this day for that last three months-mostly the fact that Kade will be there ALL DAY!!! Kade has also been so excited to start school and has been talking non stop about being in first grade and getting to eat lunch in the cafeteria. I bought them some new clothes and Kade kept referring to his clothes as his first grader clothes and his first grader shoes.

I took the boys to school the first day so we could find their teachers and classes. Kade had no problem getting right in the middle of everything but Rand was a little more reluctant. When I tried to drop Rand off he would not even go inside the classroom. "Oh no." I began to think, so I took him aside and talked to him and told him I would go in with him for a little bit. I also told him that after school we would go get some ice cream at McDonalds as a treat and I think that did the trick-of course with lots of hugs and lots of reassurance and I would see him in a little bit.---We are now on to day three of school and he comes home talking non stop about all the fun things he gets to do.

-Just as a side note--I took them to the bus stop yesterday morning and told Kade that he needed to help Rand when they got to school to find where he was to line up-you know...be the big brother. When we were waiting for the bus yesterday Kade ran up to one of his friends and left Rand at the end of the line-I could see what would be happening at school-when the bus arrived Rand was a bit hesitant to get on, but I told him just to go find Kade. I saw him get on and than sat down in one of the front seats but looking around for his brother-who left him in the dust and went to the back of the bus. When Rand got home yesterday I asked if Kade had showed him where to go. He said no, but just followed the other kids and saw his teacher outside. I felt bad for Rand but grateful that he was able to do it on his own and to know that everything was going to be okay-even if his brother ditched him.

I also never thought this would happen. When I picked Kade up from the bus his first day 1-I got in trouble because he wanted to walk home by himself and didn't want me to pick him up and 2-he wished he could go to school for only half the day like he did last year because it was so long and yet 3-he was so excited because he had two recesses.



Mont's first day of preschool. He has been talking about his school since last year when Kade and Rand were going to school. He was so excited and had such a fun day.

I don't know what I'm going to do with just me and Rhet twice a week, the house is so quiet and Rhet is kind of bored and wandering around like he's lost and looking for someone. When we dropped Mont off at school Rhet kept pointing to the seat that Mont had been sitting in and kept talking like where's Mont-it was actually really cute. Must be time for boy #5?!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

First grade is fun eh? Are you going to be too lonely? i'm LOVING it still.....a bit more time to myself is never a bad thing:) now maybe you can enjoy some time with the baby that you otherwise wouldn't have gotten!