Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Football

This year Kade is playing football.  Kade has wanted to play the last two seasons but Keith and I just weren't comfortable with him playing yet.  I wanted Kade to at least practice with the team during the summer to make sure this was something he really wanted to do.  I had Rand and Mont try it as well and Rand was totally against it from the start and when the day was done he told me he never wants to play, times 1000.  Mont liked it but wasn't quite ready to be yelled at by the coaches.  Kade of course loved it. This will be his first and last year to play with the team since he will be 12 when the next season starts, and then pick it up again in seventh grade.  All the boys (minus Rand) love to put on Kade's pads and helmet and go around the house acting like football players.

 They love to take my phone and video themselves.

Because this is Kade's first year, he is still learning the ropes.  He doesn't get to play a lot, but does get to play when the gap is nice and wide. He did get to be part of the kick off team and loved that.  Surprisingly though, he doesn't know how to tackle very well.  I think it makes him nervous, but we told him for every guy he tackles we would give him a dollar.  He has no problem tackling any of his brothers and being mean at home but on the field is a different story.

Kick off team #0



He also plays this position-can't remember the name of it at the moment


At least he kind of got in there.



His games are in the middle of the afternoon but it is still so much fun to watch him.  While Keith and I watch the other boys are behind us playing football.  Maybe next year Rand might like it and we can watch him next season...probably not, but I think Keith is enjoying watching his son.

2 comments:

RaeAnn said...

so funny how different our worlds are, what, with all your boys vs. all our girls! love the posts. thanks for keeping up the blogging!

Whitney said...

football . .football. . hey!! kade not wanting to tackle?? never heard of such a thing! he better man up before uncle tate finds out and gives him a hard time :) I love rand's response . .times 1000! cracks me up!