A close up of the bug.
I had to take one a bit farther back to appreciate just how big this thing was. Not like your everyday spider that's the size of your fingernail.
Later, in the middle of the night Rhet came to my room and wanted to sleep with me because he was scared. I didn't ask why but just scooted over and let him join me. Then the next day we are getting ready to have family prayer before bed and Rhet asks me again if he can sleep with me. I told him no and the reasons why. I then asked him why he wanted to sleep with me. He told me he was scared of the big bug and that it might come into his room. All the boys are gathered around ready to have prayer and are listening to our conversation. I tell-in general-that whoever prays tonight they need to bless Rhet not to be scared of the bug. Rand starts to laugh and thinks it's funny that we have to say a prayer about this, so I call on him to give the prayer and to remember to pray for Rhet. Rand starts to pray, and in my mind I'm thinking Rand is going to forget on purpose and I'm going to have to remind him. Sure enough as he begins to end the prayer he has forgotten to pray for Rhet so I interrupt and say "Bless Rhet." Rand gives out a chuckle and then says, "Bless Rhet" and closes the prayer. I told Rand he had to say it again because he forgot to ask Heavenly Father why Rhet need help and just saying, "Bless Rhet" isn't good enough. Rand is a bit shocked that he has to pray again, but I let him know that he doesn't have to say the whole prayer over again, just the part about Rhet. So, Rand starts again and before he mentions Rhet's name he gives out another chuckle and says, "Bless Rhet (chuckle) that he won't be scared of the spider (a two second pause) of death,...Amen." I know we shouldn't laugh during prayers but sometimes you just can't help yourself. It was so funny.
The next morning I was getting ready when I asked Rhet how he slept last night. Here is our conversation:
Rhet: "Mom. Do you remember when Rand said the prayer and asked Heavenly Father to bless me not to be scared."
Me: "Yes."
Rhet: "Well, when I got to bed I said another prayer and asked Heavenly Father to bless me not to be scared."
Me: "So, were you scared?"
Rhet: "No."
I could not believe that he had gone the extra mile and prayed for himself. I was so proud of him and continued to explain that yes, Heavenly Father does answer our prayers. I then told him that he needed to say another prayer to tell Him thank you for helping him. He paused for a second and told me he already did. Whether he did or not I don't know but I was so proud of him. He sure could teach his older brothers a thing or two.


No comments:
Post a Comment