Kade has this problem where he likes to exaggerate the truth. For instance, last year he was telling us that his coach for P.E. choose him to shoot a basket. If he made the basket no one would have to do their stretches and warm ups, but if he missed it they would have to do them. He said everyone was cheering him on to make it. He said he was really nervous but took the shot and made it. -At this point it sounds pretty likely and I could see it happening.-but he continues his story-he said everyone rushed him and picked him up and put him on their shoulders and ran around the court. So only the last half of the story was just a wee bit exaggerated.
Then yesterday Kade and Rand had a baseball scrimmage and Keith had to leave early. So today at dinner Keith was asking the boys how they batted. Kade said at his third up to bat he hit a homerun. Since Rand is on the same team he told Kade that he didn't hit a homerun and as I was there I didn't recall him hitting one either. Kade tried to defend himself by saying he did and then Rand asked if he got to third and Kade spilled it and said second. So then we had to confirm that it was second base and not a homerun.
Now for the kicker-On Friday I had my neighbor cut the boys hair. She said she had a question for me that was on the personal side. I gave her the okay to ask, and she asked if I was married before and if Keith was Kade's step-dad She said she was cutting someone's hair and they asked her if I was married before. She of course didn't know but said she didn't think so. She asked why and the lady said that Kade had told her that I was married before and Keith was his step-dad. I came home and told Keith what was said and we just both laughed. We then asked Kade who he told and why he said what he said. He said he couldn't remember but I could see the wheels turning in his head.
I don't know if the step-dad will get beat or not but I look forward to the next story he comes up with.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment