Last night Rhet had a little incident. He and Elle were playing in the kitchen chasing and scaring each other when all of a sudden I hear Rhet crying. My first thought was, "What happened now?" Rhet came to me and told me he hit his head. My first reaction was to just rub his head and he would be good, but then the thought came to me that I should probably take a look at his head to see where he hit. Good thing I acted on that thought because sure enough he had a deep cut and needed some stitches. His cut was about an inch and a half long and looked pretty deep. Super glue wasn't going to do the trick this time. An hour and half later and a trip to McDonalds for a treat we were back home with 4 staples in his head. He was so good at the Urgent Care and asked question after question of what the doctor and or nurse was going to do. I don't know what it is about this kid but it seems about once a year he has something major happen. Just for fun lets recap the last few years.
Jan. 21, 2013 (age 4) - 4 staples in head
Feb. 2, 2012 (age 3) - He decides to jump off the roof (nothing broken, but it could have been serious)
Jan. 31, 2011 (age 2) - Knocks one of his teeth out
Dec. 17, 2010 (age 2) - Has surgery for his trigger thumb
Oct. 31, 2010 (age 2) - Has to be hospitalized for stridor.
Do you see a pattern. Good heavens! Hopefully this will wear off and we won't have to make any more trips to the Urgent Care or Hospital. However, by the time Kade was six he had stitches 3/4 different times. Rand had stitches once and staples once. Mont (if memory serves-and I'll have to ask him when he gets home from school) has had stitches once. With boys I guess it's bound to happen, but I would like my boys to at least live to a good OLD age.
9 years ago
1 comment:
Yikes! I think he must secretly love going to the Urgent Care and just find ways to get himself there via crazy injuries!
Post a Comment