Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day

Sunday morning I was happily surprised with breakfast in bed.  The boys brought me pancakes, eggs, milk and juice.  They each told me what part of the breakfast they helped out with.  I would have taken a picture but since I stayed up way to late the night before and am still adjusting to a four hour time difference I couldn't find the energy to find my camera and take a picture.  For that matter, after the boys left me my breakfast I laid my head back on my pillow for about ten minutes when I thought I should at least eat something before they come back to get it.  To tell you how tired I was, it was very difficult for me to find the strength to even lift my fork and cut my pancakes.  

After dinner the boys each gave me their gifts.  My mom and sister helped the boys make this candy arrangement for me.  Attached to a candy bar was also a list of questions the boys answered about me.  Age, color of hair, favorite thing to eat...etc.  Funny how each of the boys choose a different color for my hair.  Rhet thought my hair was white, while Kade thought my hair was black.  

Kade made me this heart out of beans.

Rand made me a flower arrangement that went along with a poem.

Mont also made me a heart out of peas.

Rhet showing off my new day pack from Keith.  Saturday night Keith asked me if I wanted my gift early.  I told him no and that he didn't have to get me anything since our trip fell around Mother's Day I was just considering that part of the package deal.  He told me he ordered it awhile ago and technically it wasn't for Mother's Day but since it arrived the day before he figured he could give it to me for my special day.  


Rhet learned how to sign I love you at church.  It was his gift to me.  What a cutie.

This was probably (do I even say it) the best Mother's Day yet. I have been thrown up on in years past or something just goes wrong, but this Mother's Day will be the one to beat!



1 comment:

The Durfee's said...

I think it was so good bc you hadn't seen your kids for so long ;) Love rhetts gift hahah in the second pic you can see him mouthing love!