Monday, January 2, 2012

Projects

I have had an itch for the last several months to make something.  I look at other people's blogs and the things they create and think, "I want to do that." or "That is so easy to make, I can do that." And yet nothing gets put into action.  Until Now!  I decided I wanted to give Elle's dresser a makeover.  I found a beginners 101 in refinishing furniture on a blog and got to work.  With Keith's help and guidance I am proud to say that it didn't turn out completely bad.  After the dresser was finished I asked Keith what he thought.  He then proceeded to lecture me on the fact that he has been trying for YEARS to tell me that all we needed to do was paint the dressers and how I never seemed all that interested in it.  I guess I should have had a little more faith-and besides I guess I'm just a little (or a lot) behind in the creativeness of redoing furniture.

The before...


The after


Then I took an old lamp shade...


and turned it into this.
Of course I could have bought a new lamp at Hobby Lobby for what it cost me-with a coupon-to cover this.

I think it looks-at least better than it did before-and a little more feminine. 


I also have LOTS of fabric that I needed to do something with.  I had already precut the fabric and tried out a couple different design options but opted just to do it random so I could get it sewn.  
I love the black and teal together.  All I have left is to quilt and bind it.

I don't usually make any new years goals-okay besides the one that I'm going to loose weight and that never happens but this year my goal is to do at least one new project a month.  I don't think that's so unreasonable-as I already have two more in mind to do.

1 comment:

syrell salmon said...

great job!! these look soo cute!! i love diy projects, they make you smile inside every time you walk by and look at them!!