Monday, January 30, 2012

Ball games

I thought it would be good for the boys to play basketball and see if they like it.  We already know they love baseball but I thought it would be good to expose them to other sports too. Rand fought me and told me he wasn't a basketball player but a baseball player.  I reminded him how he fought Keith when he signed him up for baseball so we would just find out and see.  I also signed up Rhet for soccer.  I figured he would want to play something just like the big boys.  So...with four boys playing a sport that means four practices during the week and four games on Saturday.  Along with that, pre-season for baseball started up which means at least one practice during the week for Kade and Rand.  It's a little busy, and dinner is now at 4:00 but the boys are loving it.  The boys had their first games a couple weeks ago so of course I had to capture the moments.



Mont
Warming up before the game.


I'm open...I'm open.


It's basketball-not soccer.


Shoot it!




Rand 
Defense (clap, clap), defense.

Dribble, dribble (whistle-traveling).  Oh man!




Rhet 
Doing a few drills before the game.


Team meeting.  Gooooo Panthers!!!

There are only four kids on the field at once and so when it was Rhet's turn to sit out-which he didn't really like-but I told him he needed to have a water break and when his coach needed him he would come get him.  He sat on the sidelines and kept yelling "Coach, do you need me?"  He loves playing.  All his games are in the afternoon so from the time he wakes up he is ready to play and doesn't like to be told it's not time yet.  He follows his coach around at practice and at the games like his shadow.  He tells me "Mom, I have to go my coach needs me."



Kade-He had a game but I had taken my camera out of my purse and forgot it.  Hopefully next time I'll remember.  Coming and going and coming and going and trying to make his game after coming from Rhet's I left it in the car.

2 comments:

Workmans said...

Your boys are so athletic. Seriously what sport can't they do! I can just see Rhet following his coach around! That is hilarious!

Whitney said...

wow guess the whole "soccer" mom thing starts a lot earlier than i expected - running around for each kid - sheesh, when do you have time to quilt :)