Yesterday afternoon the doorbell rang and Rhet raced to open the door. I was shortly behind him and when he opened the door there was a lady there who all of a sudden started speaking Spanish to me. Here is our conversation.
Lady: Speaking Spanish
Me: What?-thinking if I talked to her in English she would get a clue that there is no Spanish coming out of my mouth.
Lady: Continues to speak Spanish while doing hand gestures.
Me: Sorry, I don't understand.
Lady: Says, something and I hear, "No hablo ingles."
Me: Well from the two years that I took Spanish I understood that much. -"You don't speak English."
Lady: Si
Me: I don't speak Spanish.
Lady: Continues to say something or another and points to Rhet and says something about nino as she leaves.
I close the door and Rhet says to me "I no nino." Shaking his head, "I no nino I not." Little does he know that he is a nino but I understood what he was getting at.
No comments:
Post a Comment