Our life with boys for the last eight years has been pretty mild when it comes to broken bones, stitches and so forth. No broken bones (knock on wood) but plenty of stitches and scrapped knees. Kade with stitches at least three times, Rand stitches once and staples once, Mont I think has been pretty lucky (but it's late and I can't seem to recall any at the moment), then there's Rhet... Rhet falls off something at least once a day and gets hurt but then a little lov'n from mom and he's off playing. Well, in the last three weeks Rhet has continued to fall off chairs and the table and even happend to fall off the couch and slice open his chin. Since we were in the middle of getting new insurance and not really knowing where the closest urgent care was, Keith just bandaged it up with some super glue and bandages and we watched it for a week and he was good as new. Then a few days ago at dinner we noticed Rhet had a loose tooth. How the heck that happened no one could figure out. The following day at dinner his tooth came out. We took him in to get an x-ray of his front teeth and the root of his tooth was still in his gums so he will be heading back to the dentist to get that removed. We came to the conclusion that when he hit his chin it must have done something to his tooth, but yet it was just the one tooth and who the heck knows!?! Today we were invited over to dinner from someone in our ward and as the kids are playing outside one of their girls comes running in and tells us that Mont stepped on a nail. We head to the crime scene and Mont is lifted off the nail which went through his big toe and out the side of the same toe. Keith takes him to the urgent care were they soak the toe, put bacitracin on and bandage it up and he's good as new-not so good to our pocket book for which we could have easily done ourselves.
While this was all happening with Mont my new friend was telling me how calm I was and that I wasn't freaking out. One, I have a doctor as a husband and he can take care of anything and two, this is so normal for us that it's just like a walk in a park. (And I also know if I start freaking out it will only make it worse for them.)
Sometimes it's just amazing how kids survive at all. I think of Rhet and I don't know if he's just clumsy but the kid just constantly is falling. I guess if I just put everything within his reach he wouldn't be falling all the time. The body is fragile but it sure can withstand a lot of cracks and bumps and bruises and a little shedding of blood.
9 years ago
3 comments:
Seriously I hope Elle can tame all her very active brothers down a bit...but then again that would be no fun:) Chad happened to call Keith while they were at the ER. I feel so bad for Mont that must have killed!! Poor guy, and poor little Rhet's mouth. You are amazing to handle everything with such patience!!
gezzz there's always one thing after another at your place! a nail really? that must have killed...is there just a big hole through his toe now? poor monters. hope all goes well for rhet at the dentist!
Holy toledo...you are one calm, cool chick Tristin! Poor Rhet and Mont... I wonder what little Elle's track record will be? We miss you....really.
Post a Comment