Friday, October 15, 2010

Keith on his soon-to-be-daughter

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and they did another ultrasound to check the baby's growth and the fluid. The night before Keith told me to have the tech double check for the baby's sex-just to make sure, and to be honest it was on my list of things to have her do because I still can hardly believe it-it's hard to believe after 4 boys. I called Keith after my appointment and began the conversation that he better sit down. He told me not to even joke-so there went my fun. When he came home last night I asked him what he meant by joking with him. Ready for this...here we go...

#1 He told me that he has been preparing himself for this girl for the last eight months and the fact that we are really having a girl.

#2 I asked him if he was scared to have a daughter-he said no, but actually that it would be new and different and kind of exciting.--This is a first for him to admit and his answer was a bit unexpected.

#3 He told me the house is going to change with this girl with all the hair products she's going to need, all the shoes and accessories, the make up and everything else girly.--I laughed at this since it won't be the case for several, several years.

#4 He told me that more than likely she and I will be glued at the hip and that's just a bad combo. I told him that he had four boys that want to be just like him and when he goes hunting he's going to have 4 buddies and I will only have one. He then told me that it doesn't cost anything to go hunting, but it cost money to go to the mall and when you go to the mall you can't come home with nothing. --What does he think I'm going to do...spend our life savings...apparently he doesn't know me very well.

#5 One good thing about her being a girl is that she will be asked on dates and the guy will have to pay versus when her brothers date, the car has to be filled up, and they will need money for the date, so she won't be costing us anything there.

#6 She won't have to serve a mission so we won't have to pay for that and if we are lucky we can get her married off before college so we don't have to pay for her tuition. --Apparently he has really thought a lot about this-not to mention again that she's not going to come out walking and talking but it will be a gradual change.

It's no wonder that he has needed the last 8 months to prepare because he is preparing for her entire life. Heck I'm just preparing myself for the sleepless nights, the cute outfits she's going to wear and of course having to do her hair, but I guess I'm way behind Keith because I haven't even looked past the age of 2.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Guys are so funny when it comes to girls! Chad even tried to pull the stunt where he thought he couldn't change a baby girl's diaper. That ended real quick! (like about day one home from the hospital quick!)

My sister's husband is an avid hunter and she only has one girl (3 boys) and my niece always wants to go hunting with her daddy. She'll wear a crown and a tutu but will trek through the dirt with her dad and brothers gladly.

Workmans said...

By the way you started your post I thought you were going to say the doc was wrong and you were actually going to have a boy instead! I really am glad thats not the case! i love the fact that keith is preparing himself for this baby girl. She might have all the girly hair and make-up products when she gets older but I'm pretty sure she'll be a tom-boy at heart. I'm so excited for the change she is going to bring to the "tough-guy" packer home!

The Durfee's said...

haha i agree with taylor i thought you were going to say it was another boy!! how exciting! for sure she will make thins a little calmer in the packer home if thats even possible!!

Whitney said...

um durfee . .pretty sure this little girl's not going to add to the "calmness" of the packer family - pretty sure those 4 boys don't know what the word means :) she'll get into trouble with the best of em!