9 years ago
Friday, September 10, 2010
Some Good News-FINALLY!!!
Let me start from the beginning...Back in May we found out that the owners of the house were going to put the house up for sale July 1st, and if we wanted to stay in the house our rent was going to double. There was no way we were going to pay double so with two weeks remaining in the month we packed and packed-and let me just say I was still in the phase of morning sickness-which wasn't just in the morning but rather all day long-so to pack what I needed to took more energy than I had. Keith got in contact with the owners and they said that we could stay in the house and pay our regular rent but instead of putting the house up for sale July 1st they were going to do it June 1st-this was their property manager's idea-who I might add is a pain in the---and not the most helpful or intelligent. Well, I could relax a little with the stress of packing but then that meant that people would be coming to see the house and I had to have it cleaned. The boys were very helpful and very good sports in regard to keeping things clean. If there were to be showings they had to give us at least two hours notice-which was helpful and the boys would help out and clean. Then one afternoon late in July Rand found a note taped to the door. He brought it to me and as I read it, it was a notice that the property was being foreclosed--Seriously could things get any better? I showed Keith the notice when he got home and he couldn't believe it either so he did some work to see what foreclosing a home entails and found out that there is an auction date for the home a week before Keith graduates which also means it's a week before I'm due. Great! One good thing was the owner of the house said we didn't have to pay him rent anymore-which I was still paying since legally we were under contract and didn't want to stop in case something came back to bite us. Then last week Keith found out through talking with a lawyer that apparently-and I say this with a little apprehension but also trying to stay positive-that after the auction date of the house we will be allowed to stay for 30-45 days. If this is really the case and I'm praying and trying to have faith that it is, then this is an answer to our prayers. All we need is a few more weeks from the auction date for Keith to graduate, the baby to come and the boys to finish out the semester. This little piece of news has made me feel much more secure that we will have a roof over our heads till we need to leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sheesh, talk about stress! I sure hope you get your 30-45 days!!
Post a Comment