I am calling today Movie Day because basically that is all we did. I took the boys to the dollar theatre and we saw Wall-E. They had never seen this before so it was a big hit, and besides that they love going to the movies. When we got home Mont wanted to watch one of his movies that we rented and since I needed to clean the house I didn't care. So, movie #2. Later that night I was hoping to carve pumpkins but Keith came home wasted-not drunk, just exhausted from school. Keith is our pumpkin carver so since all he wanted to do was vege we watched The Hulk, which I had rented for him earlier in the week. I asked the boys if they wanted to carve pumpkins with me or watch the movie with dad. Dad or course won!
Ready to watch movie #3.
Day 5
Today we toured a candy factory. I found out about it from my friend Joan so we invited her and her son Aaron to tag along. We had so much fun and the boys were so excited to go!
When we arrived they gave us little hats to wear and because it was Halloween we got little treat bags to fill with candy.
The boys loved picking out all the different types of candy. They had candy buckets throughout the factory that they could pick from and of course my boys had to get one of each...okay five of every kind!
I thought Rhet looked so cute in his little hat.
Now the Finale-I don't think that we could have ended on a better note than celebrating this fun week by ending with Halloween! We had our wards trunk-or-treat, which is so quick and easy to get lots of candy. Of course they boys love to knock on doors-which I don't blame them-so we did a couple streets to end the fun night. I do have to say that I am such a slacker mom because I hardly took any pictures of the boys in their costumes. I went last week and got their pictures taken at a studio in their costumes-which will be posted later when I get them-but Keith wasn't home from school yet and I was trying to get them all dressed and over to the church before we were late and I can't believe that what I'm posting is all that I took. I am so tempted to have them put their costumes on again and take some more...actually maybe I will!
With the trunk-or-treat, and a few streets the boys sure did end up with more candy than I thought they would get. When we got home and dumped out all the candy, Mont dove right in and ate candy for at least an hour. Good thing it was Halloween and I didn't really care. Each of the boys filled up 1 gallon size zip lock bag, and even then I was trying to close it.
8 comments:
LOVE the picture of Rhet - too cute! Looks like the boys are having one heck of a fall break! So fun!
What a cute mom you are to do so many fun things with your boys! They look so cute for Halloween too!
i love their costumes.....
can you please tell me where this candy factory is PLEASE? I'm already making my next off track list :)
see . .give em a paper hand and few pieces of candy and you've got happy boys all the day long!
or a paper hat :)
What a neat Fall Break. You are so fun. I bet your boys loved it. The boys looked so cute in their costumes. We miss you guys. Hope school is going good for Keith.
What a fun mom you are! I still remember when your mom would send you packages for every holiday while we were at college! She always include something for all your roommates! I see where you get it from!
I have to keep opening up your blog so Parker can look at your boys in their costumes. He loves it! Rhet is so adorable with his candy factory hat on and in his halloween costume. Your boys are making such fun memories!!
Post a Comment