Well, we now have been here in our new home for ten straight days. Yes, we actually moved in on the 7th of this month but were here for only a few days before we took off for a week of fun and relaxation. Our home has five levels-yes five. Two above main level and two below. The two top levels are bedrooms and we have designated the bottom levels one a family room/tv room and the basement the boys room. This is the best part of the house!!! The basement has it's own door so we can shut out the noise and they have their own bathroom so there is really no need to see them at all during the day except for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Things are finally put a way (with the exception of one or two misc. boxes), rooms are in order and we have established somewhat of a routine. I have to say that I am really enjoying being here in Colorado. I love the fact that it's a new place and no one knows you. I really didn't have any concerns about moving here-well, ask me come January when there is five feet of snow and I'll probably have a different story to tell-but I already feel apart of this town. We have been to our ward twice and the people are very friendly and our ward/stake have several dental and ortho students which is GREAT since they will be the only ones that can relate to what I'm (we) going to be going thru/dealing with. I have even meet another mom with four boys all the same ages as mine whose husband is in dental school so needless to say we have already bonded.
Colorado is so green and is such a nice change from the brown Vegas. There are nice walking/running paths all around so I have now developed a morning routine. Another wonderful accessory are the deer. We went for a drive the other day to check out the outskirts of town-okay, more like we went looking for deer in town. Believe it or not, there are some open acres and we did find quite a few deer-some right up on the street just chowin' down on some grass and the boys loved every second of it. I guess this would be the time to admit that in my almost seven years of marriage I enjoy looking for deer as well. I'm sure before the time I'm dead Keith will get me to go hunting with him.
There are so many wondeful things about Colorado that I could see us staying here and living. The boys sure love it and all the room to play outside and ride their bikes.
6 comments:
Tristan-Looks like you guys are doing great! It is nice to get away from crazy Vegas, isn't it? Your new house looks so great! When does Keith have to start school? It is kind of nice to have a break - I know I've enjoyed it. Darren starts working tomorrow though!
hahaha ... I was just telling my dad that I bet you guys will want to stay there since the weather is so cool, and then you admit it might not be such a bad idea! :) Just don't talk to Todd about it--he's been saying he would like to live in CO even since I've known him! It sounds like you guys are doing great---super cute house. Are those reverse tail lights on the 'burben as the kids are sitting behind it!? hahaha--I'm sure not, but it just looks funny. :) Good luck settling in.
Glad you are all settled in. I can't wait to visit you guys there. love the new background!
Glad you like it, but I secretly (or not) hope the snow drives you back to AZ!
Michele...don't even think about it!
holy huge house! love the blog template as well. i mean, i love it.
love the new blog look - i'm too wussy to change mine in fear i'll accidently delete something! anywhosers rand's face is priceless in the first pic! i'm surprised mtv hasn't picked you for thier "cribs" addition yet - i mean you do have 2 blingin cars and 5 story mansion :)
Post a Comment