Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How much can 1 kid eat?

Okay, so as of late I have felt like I am constantly feeding my children. Granted they are boys, but good heavens how much can one kid eat? I feel like I am always at the grocery store buying crackers, and apples, and fruit bars, and whatever else. Thank goodness Smiths as of lately has had some dang good deals on cereal and crackers. The last few weeks they have had cereal 8 boxes for $10. No joke I seriously bought 24 boxes. We go though 4 gallons of milk in a week-I repeat 4 gallons of milk in one week. It's not like I don't feed my children because I do. They eat breakfast-granted it's cereal and not that filling, but Rand has 2 bowls and let me tell you I fill his bowl to the top. An hour later it's "Can I have some crackers?" or "I'm still hungry." I don't know what it is with them, they seriously must have their dad's metabolism because they sure don't have mine. Heck just look at Rand-my skinny African child, who you can see his ribs he's so thin. It's not like I feed them junk food-which is just sugar and won't fill them up-I'm talking yogurt, crackers, apples-filling food. Anyway, I guess this all just came on me this morning when I was at aerobics and Mont sat on the floor with my purse at his side and took out a fruit bar, then crackers, then another fruit bar and then went to the kid next to him and started eating his goldfish and graham crackers. -I do not even want to think of the money I will be spending when these boys are teenagers and are more active in sports. I remember my mom feeding my brother steaks for breakfast during football season so he could keep the weight on. Oh well, I know I'm destined to have more boys I just hope we don't have to be on welfare because my boys eat us out of house and home.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Honestly, it is so funny that you put this post up. Cody and I were just talking about this last night at dinner. We were talking about how much the kids ate for dinner. We had spaghetti and he reminded me of the fact that I'd probably have to be making 4 times as much food as I made last night when they get a little older. And then I lovingly reminded him how lucky he is to be a dentist and making good money so that he can pay 4 times the bill for groceries. Oh the life of being a mother to a grundle of boys! I guess I can only watch and learn from you... Thanks for starting my day off with a little laugh.